Plants are an essential resource that plays an integral role in our life. For instance, the plants we grow in our homes supply us with oxygen and also clean the air of dangerous impurities. So, it is less likely to inhale thereof, which is certainly good for our health.
A study done on domestic plants, conducted by NASA, has found that some types of plants have the “power” to filter the air we breathe as well as remove some organic compounds that evaporate better than others.
These plants also purify the air from various building materials, paint, dust etc.
In the next few paragraphs we will show you the must-have plants in your home.
The top six must-have plants in your home are:
– Aloe is effective in raising oxygen levels in the house. Likewise, it absorbs carbon dioxide, formaldehyde, and carbon monoxide. One aloe plant is as effective as 9 biological air purifiers.
– Ficus (FicusElastica) – This amazing plant is anything but difficult to nurture due to the fact that it does not need a great deal of light. Ficus is greatly viable for purifying the atmosphere of formaldehyde. Be that as it may, make sure to be watchful with it presuming that you have pets or little kids since this plant’s leaves can be toxic.
– Snake plant (SansevieriaTrifasciata “Laurentii”) is the easiest to maintain of all plants. It is extremely resistant and needs very little light. It is able to produce oxygen and at the same time is able to remove toxins.
– Ivy (Hedera Helix) is the most efficient plant and should be present in every home. Ivy is able to remove up to 60% of the toxins present the air and up to 58% of feces particles within 6 hours from the moment it is brought in the area.
– Spider plant (ChlorophytumComosum) can make photosynthesis even under minimal light. Likewise, it effectively absorbs toxins present in the air, like styrene, gasoline, and carbon monoxide. One spider plant can purify the air in almost 200 square meters of space.
– Peace lilies (“Mauna Loa” Spathiphyllum) – It is incredible when it comes to purifying the air from chemicals and toxins.This plant can also clarify the air from trichloroethylene as well as formaldehyde.
According to NASA, it is recommended to have between 15 and 20 such plants in a 500 square meters area. In other words, you will need 3 to 4 plants in 80 square meter area. Also, you should place one of the plants in the bedroom because you are probably spending some time there too.