Many people simply cannot start running regularly, as they find it dull, hard, or dreadful. Others suffer from joint pain, injuries, bad knees or sore feet. However, if you are one of these, we have good news: there is a 10-minutes exercise which will help you burn even more calories, in no time!
And all you need for it is a jump rope! This exercise offers numerous benefits, such as:
1. A whole body exercise
This exercise won’t tone your leg muscles only, but it will also work on your abs, legs, arms, back, and shoulders.
2. It Burns Calories
According to various studies, jumping rope for 10 minutes has the same efficiency like 30 minutes of running. Researchers compared the burnt calories and the cardiovascular amelioration, which means that you’ll burn the fat and have some muscles.
3. It’s Diverse
Take your favorite rope and jump anywhere! You don’t need a lot of time nor any specific place. You just need 10 minutes. Go anywhere outside or in the gym and jump!
4. It ameliorates Your Coordination
You may have been an expert at hopping rope when you were a child, however ift you haven’t jumped for long time, you may find that it’s not as simple as it looks! Bouncing rope enhances your coordination, reflexes and balance.
Remember these things:
– The rope needs to be adequately long with quality material. You can buy it in some well-equipped sports stores.
– The shoes you’re going to wear need to be without padding. You can also try and jump barefoot.
– Your whole body and your head should be straight. Try to look ahead and keep your knees bent. Your elbows should be near the body.
– Start spinning the rope using your wrists and not your arms.
– Use your fingers to grip the jump rope handles.
– Make sure your heels don’t touch the ground while you’re skipping the rope. You have to use the front of your feet so that they can propel you and you can land. Make sure you don’t jump high. Jump only enough to skip the rope.
– When you feel like you’re ready, try various styles: single leg hop, crossover and double turn.
Here’s a video that will show you our suggestions for 10 minutes of a rope skipping exercise!
Thanks for reading and watching the video