Oil pulling or also known as “gundusha” or “kavala” is an ancient Ayuverdic dental technique which involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in the mouth on an empty stomach for 15-20 minutes.
This is an extremely effective way of cleansing the body from toxins and improving oral and overall health.
It is especially beneficial for detoxifying the teeth and gums and whitening of your teeth at the same time.
People who have tried this technique claim that it helps in treating skin conditions, arthritis, headaches, asthma, infections, hormonal imbalance, etc.
These are the most important benefits of oil pulling with coconut oil for your dental health:
– whitens teeth
– has impressive effects for the entire oral cavity
– Fights bacteria and gum infections
– breaks through the plaque
– prevents cavities
How to perform the technique?
Oil pulling is a very simple technique.
– All you need to do is put a couple of teaspoons of vegetable oil (coconut, sesame, olive oil) in your mouth and swish it around for about 20 minutes.
– Then, spit it out and wash your mouth with water.
– For best results, do the procedure in the morning on an empty stomach, or in the evening before going to bed.
– Put 1-2 teaspoons of a vegetable oil of your choice in your mouth then swish it for 20 minutes before spitting it out and rinsing with lukewarm water.
– During the swishing, the oil should become thicker and milky and should be creamy white when you spit it out.
– After rinsing your mouth with water, brush your teeth as usual.
The process will be a little difficult at first, but you will get used to it after a couple of minutes. Regularly using the technique will help you have a whiter and brighter smile in only a week!