Before bedtime, almost everyone has experienced unpleasant sensation of feeling full or having an upset stomach. There is a possibility of some problems if the evening meal is heavy by nature.
Poor digestion before bedtime can lead to problems such as acidic reflux, heartburn or interrupted sleep.
The good news is that there are natural ways to solve these symptoms.Turmeric, ginger and coconut milk make an excellent anti-inflammatory before bedtime combination. This drink improves the digestion and avoids acidic reflux and heartburn.
The health benefits of this drink come from the impressive benefits of its ingredients:
Turmeric has many beneficial healing properties and has been shown to:
– Heal and sooth the digestive tract
– Help detoxification of the body by stimulating the function of the liver and improving bile flow
– The best cancer cure
– Alleviate pain and fever related to illness
– Improve blood circulation and thins the blood
– Prevent ulcers
– Relieve arthritis pain, due to its anti-inflammatory properties
Furthermore, this natural remedy contains other healthy ingredients like black pepper and honey.
Black pepper has the ability to stimulate the absorption of curcumin which is the active compound in turmeric.
Honey improves digestion and soothes irritation in the digestive tract. Also, it is rich in numerous vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
– 2 cups coconut milk
– 1-inch piece of sliced ginger/ 1 teaspoon ginger powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric
– 1 tablespoon organic honey
– ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
This delicious and healthy drink is easy to prepare, and it soothes the stomach, enhances digestion, and prevents acid reflux.
In a bowl, mix the ingredients, except for the honey. Mix them well, transfer the mixture to a saucepan, and place it over low heat. Cook it for 5 minutes, and add the honey at the end.