Did you know that there are a lot of beneficial tricks that can ease your time spent in the kitchen? You’ve probably noticed that some eggs peel easier than others, even though they come from the same package, right?
This is because eggs old between 7 and 10 days are the easiest to peel, whereas fresher ones make the peeling process less easy.
In order to prevent this from happening, you should put a tsp of baking soda to the boiling water. Fresh eggs are not as alkaline as older ones and their peel is difficult to remove. But, don’t worry, baking soda will increase the alkalinity and thus, you will have no problem peeling the shell.
If you enjoy eating boiled eggs, below, you have useful tips on how to prepare the perfect boiled eggs:
1. This trick will help you to find out how old the eggs are. You should put them in water and observe what will happen. If they sink horizontally (on the side) they are very fresh eggs.
The eggs that sink, but stand vertically are considered ideal for cooking while those eggs that come up to the surface are old.
2. If you want to get hard boiled eggs, you should put them in cold water and boil them. In his way, they have less chance to crack.
3. If you prefer eggs with a soft yolk, you should dip them in hot water using a tablespoon and make sure to measure the time. It depends on the size of the egg, but however you need about 3 minutes.
4. If you want to prevent cracking, you should heat the eggs before you put them in hot water. There are two ways to do this: you can take them out of the fridge and let them reach room temperature or leave them in hot tap water for a few minutes.
The extreme change of the temperature is the main cause that leads to cracking.
5. Make sure that all the eggs are covered with water when you cook them, because they won’t be cooked evenly. Also, if you boil them too much, the egg yolk will become greenish in color and the egg white will be similar to gum.
6. When the eggs have boiled, put them in cold water to ease the peeling process.
7. If you want to get an omelet in a shell, you should shake the egg well before cooking it. This is known as “golden egg” as the inner side is yellow in color.