Women who suffer from depression, fatty liver, high cholesterol level, pre-diabetes and gall bladder problems may struggle to lose weight and stay healthy.
Unexplained weight gain has been linked to hormonal imbalances. As women grow older, they are more likely to experience this problem.
Why Hormones Need to be Reset
Each hormone in our bodies is like a key which needs to turn a lock to be able to do its work. The “locks” are actually receptor sites. Various inflammations can affect the receptors and that is why some hormones may become ineffective.
Some hidden reasons why receptor sites may be ineffective include:
– “grain drain” from wheat, rye, barley, and corn-based products, usually genetically modified, compounding the problem
– constant exposure to xenoestrogens, substances which mimic estrogen, in our diet, environment, and our personal care products
– meat, dairy and eggs from animals treated with growth hormones
– sugar, alcohol and caffeine intake
– high fructose intake, from high fructose corn syrup and even from natural foods like unsweetened applesauce and tomatoes
– stress, EMFs (electromagnetic frequencies) and sleep deprivation
Give Yourself a Personal Hormone Tune-Up
Making a few simple changes in your daily routine can really help maintain hormonal balance, allowing you to take charge of your weight and health.
Read on to learn about important hormones in women’s bodies that must be balanced to be healthy and feel well.
When not balanced with progesterone, their imbalance leads to water retention, loss of memory, and migraine, as well as fat deposits in the hips and thighs and it may also speed up the aging process.
How to balance it:
– Apply a topical progesterone cream to prevent estrogen dominance
– Exclude foods rich in copper like nuts, avocados, chocolate, seeds, and shellfish because copper has been associated with estrogen and women who take birth control pills are more prone to having problems with estrogen dominance
– Always wash fruits and veggies before consumption to remove all harmful substances like fungicides, herbicides, etc.
– Avoid reheating food in plastic containers
– Drink water from glass and stainless steel bottles, not from plastic ones
– Avoid using personal care products which have parabens and phthalates
– Add 2 to 3 cardamom seeds to your soups, stews, and other bean dishes since cardamom can cleanse the liver which is pivotal for the balance of hormones
– Take 100 mg of DIM, two times per day, with meals, to control the estrogen metabolism
Insulin levels skyrocket with excessive intake of sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. Meals that are not properly balanced with blood sugar-stabilizing protein and fat also spike insulin, overwhelming receptor sites and triggering fat storage. When receptors are blocked or already saturated, insulin resistance occurs, giving rise to metabolic syndrome and contributing to high blood sugar and elevated triglycerides.
If weight gain, cravings for sugar, intense hunger, feeling frequently hungry, difficulty concentrating, feeling anxious or panicky, lacking focus or motivation, fatigue are your major symptoms, then it is time to clean up your insulin receptor sites.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Insulin Receptors
– Sip on a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar during each meal. The acidity of ACV slows the digestion of carbohydrates and can lower blood sugar by as much as 30%!
– Enjoy hot lemon water first thing in the morning in place of one of your cups of coffee. Coffee consumption while fasting is associated with increased fasting insulin concentration and decreased insulin sensitivity, as determined by The American Diabetes Association.
– Supplement with chromium, which is a key mineral for blood sugar regulation and is commonly deficient in our diet. The UNI KEY Weight Loss Formula contains 400 mg of chromium, your body’s transport mechanism to enable insulin to work quickly and more efficiently.
– Use stevia in place of sugar in beverages, smoothies, and baking. Stevia is a naturally sweet-tasting herb that does not cause an increase in blood sugar.
– Season your food liberally with cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, and coriander—which are all proven to help your body metabolize sugar.
Leptin is the hormone of satiety. If you never feel satisfied after a meal, then clogged leptin receptors is likely your problem. Levels soar when you’re eating high amounts of fructose and not enough essential and healthy fats. Receptors are never able clear out.
How to clean the leptin receptors:
– Do not consume foods that rich in fructose
– Consume a plant-based protein smoothie half an hour after waking up
– Black currant seed oil Is useful to fight off the inflammation, improve the metabolism, and have shiny and healthy nails, hair, and skin
It is stress hormone activated when one is stressed, doesn’t sleep enough, or if they are exposed to EMF. Also wireless devices could increase the production of cortisol. High levels of this hormone were associated with body fat, poor immunity, inflammation, andsalt and sugar cravings.
How to clean the cortisol receptors:
– Consume coffee with one tablespoon of coconut oil and vanilla whey protein. Black coffee on an empty stomach increases blood sugar levels, which also increases cortisol levels. Adding a little healthy fat and protein can prevent the cortisol level from rising.
– Practice yoga and meditation. These stress-relieving activities are known to lower cortisol levels.
– Don’t use electronic devices one hour before bed. EMFs affect the body on a biological level, increasing cortisol levels as well. Try reading a book instead of watching TV.
Hormones in the Thyroid Gland
The thyroid gland is very important. Inactive or underactive thyroid glands can cause problems with depression, joint pain, constipation, fatigue, impaired memory, dry skin, cold hands and feet, weak fingernails, and hair loss.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean Thyroid Hormone Receptors
– A lot of grains contain gluten, a type of protein that is very similar to the thyroid hormone, so it can deceive our bodies to produce lesser amounts of this critical hormone. Avoid gluten-containing grains to naturally trigger thyroid hormone production. Wheat, spelt, rye, kamut, oats, couscous, barley, and triticale should not be consumed. Gluten-free grains include taro, millet, teff, buckwheat, brown or wild rice, quinoa and amaranth. Instead of flour, you can use arrowroot or tapioca for thickening.
– Use coconut oil for cooking and baking. This healthy fat contains medium chain fatty acids that are known to improve thyroid function and boost metabolism by 56%!
– Run some tests. Consult your doctor to run a thyroid test that evaluates TSH, free T4, free T3, reverse T3, and thyroid antibodies. However, you must be aware that “normal” values of these hormones are not always the ideal level for your body.
Human Grown Hormone
Human growth hormone (HGH) is not only responsible for growing. It also plays a major role in strengthening bones and, as we grow older, it protects the heart. Unfortunately, once you turn 40, HGH production may decrease by by 14% every ten years!
The problem becomes even worse when we consume excessive amounts of HGH in meat, dairy, and eggs, which are often treated with anther growth hormone called rBST. This unnatural hormone can deceive our bodies into producing less of our own natural HGH. Symptoms of low HGH levels can include muscle loss, depression, anxiety, high body fat percentage, anxiety, low libido, and high blood pressure.
Tune-Up Tricks For Clean HGH Receptors
– Eat Montmorency tart cherries which are rich in melatonin that can increase the levels of this hormone
– Do interval training because it can increase the levels of this hormone more than 500%
– Avoid dairy products like yogurt, sour cream, cheese, butter, etc. to stay away from growth hormones
– Buy only organic meat and eggs that come from animals that haven’t been given growth hormone
Heavy metals, leftovers from medications, excess hormones, chemicals, etc. may accumulate in the fat cells and cause weight gain. In order to remove them from the body, you should detox. Let’s see how:
– Soak in bathwater mixed with 2 cups of baking soda and 2 cups of sea salt until the water cools off. Then, wrap yourself in a towel and don’t shower for 4 hours. This will bring the toxins to the skin’s surface and out of your body
– Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water daily and cranberry water as well
– Include flax and Chia seeds to your diet, that is, 2 to 4 tbsp daily
– Use activated charcoal which can absorb toxins from the stomach