You surely have already heard of the Himalayan pink salt lamps, but you should know that having them in the home means that you will have a source of positive energy, health, and fresh, clean air right there on the desk, near your bed, or in the living room.
A bit of science
It is a fact that all matter, such as water, air, a human body consist of molecules that are composed of atoms created of three particle types: neutrons, or no charge, protons or positive charge, and electrons or negative charge.
Moreover, an electron sometimes flies off, so in such a case it leaves behind a ion that is positively charged, which fills the void left by its little lost electron. Some materials can actually lose electrons without difficulty than the others as a result of the differences in the structure of molecules, for instance the electron number in the outermost orbit, electron bond structure and strength, etc.
The Himalayan pink salt lamps have amazing benefits for the health. These are some of them:
– Neutralization of Electromagnetic Radiation – since we use technological devices daily, we are surrounded by electromagnetic radiation which is known to cause chronic fatigue, stress, weakened immune response, etc. These lamps emit negative ions into the air and thus neutralize electromagnetic radiation. Avoid placing the lamp near these devices.
– Lower Static Electricity – static leads to frustration, stress, and embarrassment, and it will also make your hair bad, cause difficulties to clean the crumbs from the floor, and various other issues. However, these lamps neutralize static electricity as they neutralize the airborne ionized particles which are the reason for it.
– Cleanses and Deodorizes the Air – most people use this lamp as it has a great ability to eliminate cigarette smoke, pollen, dust, and the other air contaminants. The lamp purifies the air via the hygroscopy power, which means it attracts and absorbs water molecules and the foreign particles from the surrounding environment into the salt crystal.
– Treat Seasonal Affective Disorder – in addition to generating negative ions which improve mood and energy levels, the soft, natural light given off by a Himalayan pink salt lamp is close enough to the warm glow of sunshine that they can even be used to relieve the symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder. This year when the days get shorter, fight back the lethargy by surrounding yourself with a few HPS lamps set on timers.
– Better Sleep – another side effect which results from over – exposure to positive ions in the air is that it robs you of quality sleep. This happens because those positively-charged particles can actually reduce blood and oxygen supply to the brain resulting in irregular sleep patterns. Himalayan pink salt lamps are natural negative ion generators, thus they can help to reverse this problem. Keep one or two around your bedroom to improve the air quality so you can get a better night’s sleep. Remember, even if you’re like me and you can’t sleep unless the room is totally dark, you can always turn the lamp off at bedtime. Just leave it on for the rest of the day so it can do its work while you’re awake. People in humid climates should be aware that HPS lamps tend to weep when the salt becomes cool. You’ll definitely want to protect surfaces by placing a saucer underneath and be sure to follow the instructions for use and care which should be included with your lamp!
– Alleviates coughing – the health disadvantage of positive ions is that the cilia which line the windpipe become sluggish and the lungs are not 100% protected from pollutants. The Himalayan lamp absorbs water and particles in the air and absorbs the positive ones. When cleansed water is emitted back in the air, negative ions are released and they cleanse the lungs and protect them.
– Better the mood and concentration – these lamps can naturally improve your mood as well as help you relax. That’s not all, they can also enhance concentration as a result of the impact of negative ions on your body, which improves oxygen and blood supply to the brain and other body organs and boosts the serotonin levels, thus making you feel happy.
– Environmentally-Friendly Light Source – himalayan pink salt lamps are environmentally friendly. Their base is made of a sustainable wood like neem, and the bulb is low-wattage, which consumes very little energy. Moreover, it is estimated that the reserves for Himalayan pink salt measure 80 and 600 million tons, which would be sufficient for the next years at the current extraction rate.
– Increase Energy Levels – we all find the trips, walks, and the time spent in nature invigorating, and it is not a coincidence. Namely, the concentrations of negative ions in nature are significantly increased, like the ones generated by these lamps. Place the Himalayan pink salt lamp in the room you spend the most time in and you will notice the difference in a week.
Choosing the right Himalayan lamp
– The bigger the lamp, the bigger should the room in which you put it be.
– You can have more lamps throughout your home.
– Larger lamps are great for spaces like the living room or den. On average, calculate that 1 lb of HPS crystal will cleanse the air in approximately a 4′ x 4′ area.
– The Himalayan pink salt crystals will start melting with prolonged exposure to high humidity, so we recommend that you keep a close watch on the lamps placed near sources of steam like showers, dishwashers, or laundry machines.