If you have diabetes you must keep your blood sugar levels in check and eating healthy and balanced snacks and big meals will keep your glucose levels in line .
Snacks that are packed with the good sugar, protein and fiber are:
1. Homemade popcorn
- pop your own corn at home with a tablespoon (14 grams) of olive oil and 1/2 cup (75 grams) of kernels.
- if you want a bit more flavor add a pinch of salt, garlic powder or Parmesan cheese.
2. Smoothie with protein
- make a smoothie of your favorite fruits and veggies
- add protein powder, nut butter or Greek yogurt.
3. Cheese and apples
- since too much of it can elevate your sugar levels
- cut up a small apple and pair it with a reduced-fat but sharp cheddar cheese.
4. Greek yogurt with raisins
- mix one tbs (10 grams) of raisins with 1/2 cup (125 grams) of plain Greek yogurt and consume them daily .
5. Natural fruit leather
- after exercise blood sugar drops and fruit leather is a great way to bring your sugar levels back to normal.
6. Chicken noodle soup
- low-sodium soup filled with veggies and proteins and some noodles is the best choice for healthy snack.
7. Black bean salad
- this will help you to stabilize your glucose levels and keep you filled up for longer
- mix low-sodium black beans with diced tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado cubes, lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper
- scoop it up with a spoon, or top a salad with it.
8. Egg salad
- boil the eggs
- mash it up and add a teaspoon (5.4 grams) of low-fat mayonnaise for a fresh egg salad
- you can add multigrain crackers, whole-wheat bread or even a handful of grapes.
9. Yogurt dip and vegetables
- raw veggies are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals
- dip them into yogurt to add some much-needed protein
- mix up some dill, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper into your plain nonfat yogurt
- dip in your raw carrots and broccoli .
10. Personal pizza
- use a 6-inch whole-grain tortilla crust, tomato sauce, your favorite cooked veggies and an ounce of shredded cheese
- pop it in the toaster oven or the microwave
- Enjoy .
Thanks for reading…