Our body consists of 60% water which makes the fluid vital for our wellbeing. Water is essential for digestion, absorption of nutrients, circulation and transportation of nutrients to the whole body – in simple terms, it’s important for numerous processes.
Although important, we must all agree that water is pretty plain. Don’t you just wish it came flavored and still held its health benefits? If you’ve been looking for a way of flavoring your water, you’re at the right place. We’re going to show you 3 simple flavored water recipes that will blow you away.
1. Pineapple and fennel digestive teaser
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties and can easily reduce pain. When combined with fennel, pineapple can resolve numerous digestive problems and reduce inflammation in the colon which can be a source of many problems. Here’s how to make this powerful digestive teaser:
– ½ a cup of chopped pineapple chunks
– A teaspoon of fennel seeds
– 8 cups of hot water
- Cut a washed pineapple on small chunks, then put them in boiling water and leave them in until the water cools down to room temperature.
- Add the fennel seeds next, then leave the mixture to stay overnight.
- Strain it in the morning and drink the liquid throughout the day while also chewing the seeds.
2. Cucumber, mint and lemon water
All these ingredients are rich in vitamin C which will give you a kick in the morning and strengthen your immune system.
– ½ a cucumber
– A sprig of mint
– 2 lemons
– 8 glasses of water
- Chop the cucumber and lemons, then add them and the mint leaves into the water.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge overnight and drink it during the next day.
3. Cinnamon, lemon and cherry water
Cherries are rich in melatonin and anthocyanins which will help you sleep better and reduce inflammation in your body. Cinnamon is another powerful anti-inflammatory agent that will keep your blood sugar levels steady as well.
– ½ a cup of cherries (pitted)
– A sprinkle of cinnamon powder
– 2 lemon slices
– A glass of warm water
- Just add the ingredients in the water and leave the drink for a few hours
- Then drink it before going to bed for best results.
Try all three beverages by yourself and you will be amazed by the results!