A fruit that originally comes from the Malayan peninsula .As it it very popular in Southeast Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and southern United States.
I thas yellowish color inside and sweet and sour taste …
Carambola fruit, or as some people known it star fruit because of its shape is a low calorie fruit, with only 31 calories in 100g.
This fruit is rich in:
- vitamin C and B,
- minerals ( calcium, manganese, potassium, zinc and iron)
Health benefits of carambola (star fruit)
- Improves your slight
- contains vitamin A,
- improves sleep
- fights insomnia
- good for the skin
- prevents diseases like atopic dermatitis and psoriasis
- cures acne problems, because of high amounts of zinc
- Lowers cholesterol
Beneficial for fetus developing
- carambola contains folic acid, known as vitamin B9,
- very beneficial for pregnant women and their babies
- folic acid is essential during the first months of gestation so eat this fruit
- eating this fruit after delivery aids in the formation of breast milk.
- low sugar content fruit means diabetics can eat it without causing sugar spikes
- fibers will prevent fast glucose absorption from the gut so blood sugar level will maintain constant during the day.
- low amount of sodium,the main enemy of the blood pressure
- this fruit contains high amounts of oxalic acid and caramboxin, so if you are suffering from kidney diseases, kidney failure or are on kidney dialysis consult your doctor before consuming it.
- . if you have a kidney problems it can cause nausea, vomiting or confusion
- if you are taking any medications like statins, opiates or benzodiazepines you shouldn’t eat this fruit.
Thanks for reading …