The use of candle lights goes back to prehistory and is shown by the discoveries made in caves where hieroglyphs were found that were painted on rock walls, in really dark places with the assistance of hollow stones where those first Man place on fats from animals that they left to burn for a long time.
The Romans, the Egyptians and the Chinese already made candle lights with different components and utilized them in various occasions either to give light and heat or in some cases where they emphasized the sacred and thought to connect with Nature or with God. It is also a method of honoring the dead, the holy places, the temples or illuminating the roadways or the locations that they lived in.
It is thought that the candle represents the human, due to the fact that it is an aspect that nucleates the motion, the force and the energy everything that takes a person inside; The essence of man.
Throughout the years the candle lights in some way continued to be a symbol of religious and spiritual or a way of honoring something or someone. Currently, we can find them aromatic, embellished or made from different shapes and colors.
A time comes when the candles are of excellent value to Christians. Christmas is the time for reflection, forgiveness, hope … And all of us prefer to brighten our environments with candle lights that represent all that.
Today we will teach you to produce your very own homemade candle lights with a component as basic as a mandarin, and that besides being pleased by having done it with your own hands you will give to the environments this enjoyable and rejuvenating fragrance of the citrus.
To do this you should follow the following steps:
– Take a tangerine and cut the shell in half so that you can eliminate them without breaking them and disposing of the fruit pulp.
– When you have the two equivalent parts of the mandarin, take one of them; And put a little olive oil in the one with the skin in the middle.
– In the other half of the shell you will make a star cut in the center so that the light comes out through these slits and develops the wanted lighting result.
– Once the tangerine peel has soaked up the olive oil, light the skin that will function as wick.
– Place the half where you cut the star and your candle light is currently all set for you to embellish and aromatics the environments or make original focal points.