Have you ever heard of oil pulling? It is actually an ancient dental technique that has been used in the Ayurvedic Medicine for centuries.
Moreover, this dental technique includes swishing 1 tablespoon of oil in the mouth for about 15-20 minutes. However, it should be practiced on an empty stomach for best results. To be more specific, oil pulling can effectively cleanse and eliminate any toxins from the body and promote optimal oral and general health.
This dental technique is commonly practiced because it offers exceptional results for gum and teeth detoxifying and teeth whitening.
Those using oil pulling said that it also helps in the treatment of infections, skin issues, headaches, arthritis, hormonal imbalance, asthma, and so on.
Here Is How to Practice the Technique of Oil Pulling:
- Oil pulling is a very simple technique.
- All you need to do is put a couple of teaspoons of vegetable oil (coconut, sesame, olive oil) in your mouth and swish it around for about 20 minutes.
- Then, spit it out and wash your mouth with water.
- For best results, do the procedure in the morning on an empty stomach, or in the evening before going to bed.
- Put 1-2 teaspoons of vegetable oil of your choice in your mouth and swish for 20 minutes.
- During the swishing, the oil should become thicker and milky, and creamy white when you spit it out.
- Then, wash your mouth with lukewarm water and brush your teeth as usual.
Although it may be difficult for you to do it in the beginning, but after a while you will do it with ease. If you repeat it on a regular basis, your teeth will become much brighter and whiter after a week.