It turns out that soda hasn’t always been the high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavor concoction in an aluminum can that we know today.
For hundreds of years (and probably much longer) cultures around the world have made various forms of naturally fermented “sodas” from sweetened herbal teas or fruit juice mixes. These natural fermented drinks contained beneficial enzymes and probiotics to boost health and were a far cry from the unhealthy versions we have today.
This version uses a fermented ginger culture to create a naturally fizzy soda! Ginger is and delicious herb that has been used in many cultures for its health-boosting properties.
This recipe uses all-natural ingredients, and you will enjoy it!
– 3 ½ cups filtered water
– 4’’ piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
– 2 tbsp. vanilla extract (use products with 0% alcohol)
– 3 tsp. lemon oil or 1-2 lemons, juiced
– Stevia, to taste
– 1 cup sparkling mineral water
- It is very simple, just boil your ginger for 10 minutes.
- Strain, and transfer the liquid into a pitcher.
- Add the ingredients except for the mineral water.
- Keep your ginger mixture in the fridge.
Use 1/8 or ¼ cup of the mixture for a glass of water. Stir well and serve.
You can enjoy your drink in these autumn days.