Warm bath and these homemade salt bath bombs are all you need after long day .
Bath Bombs- Natural DIY Version
Homemade Salt Bath Bombs are made from nourishing sea salt or epsom salts, alkalizing baking soda and fizzing citric acid with a nourishing oil and vanilla base.
They are an amazing project and safe to do with your kids.
- Baking Soda
– alkalizing baking soda complement to the acidic citric acid and part of the fizzing reaction
- Citric Acid
– necessary for the fizzing reaction that makes bath bombs feel like bathing in champagne.
- Corn Starch or Arrowroot
– for silky feel use organic corn starch powder .
- Salt, Oil and Liquid
-Oil: olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil or sea buckthorn oil, argan oil or apricot oil.
-Salt: use epsom salt .
-Liquid: organic witch hazel works the best.
- Other Equipment
Molds– form balls with your hands or use fancier shapes, molds .
Bath Bomb Ingredients
- 8 ounces Baking Soda (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces Citric Acid (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Sea Salt or Epsom Salt
- 4 ounces Cornstarch (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 2 teaspoons witch hazel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30-40 drops of Essential oils or powdered dried herbs (ginger is great)
- combine dry ingredients (baking soda, salt, citric acid, and cornstarch) in a large bowl and mix
- in another bowl combine the oil, witch hazel and vanilla extract and stir
- add essential oils
- add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients a few drops at a time
- mix with hands and add powdered dried herbs
- add slightly more witch hazel if it isn’t right
- push mixture into molds, greased muffin tins or any other greased container.
- let it sit 24 hours until hardened
- it will expand some so push it down into the mold several times while it is drying
- when dry, remove and store in air tight container or bag
Also read how to prepare: The DIY Detox Bath !!!
Thanks for reading …