Almond milk is healthy and inexpensive ,it is a low glycemic alternative to rice milk, and doesn’t cause problems with hormone levels like soy milk .
How to Make Almond Milk At Home (Easy Recipe + Variations)
- 1 cup almonds – (Organic and raw)
- 4 cups pure filtered water (plus more for soaking)
- tiny pinch of sea salt
Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 vanilla bean, scrape
- sweetener of choice including 2 dates,
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or a few drops of stevia
- omit for an unsweetened almond milk
- soak almonds for at least 12 hours in pure water with 1/2 tsp sea salt
- it breaks down the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors and cultures beneficial enzymes in the almonds
- the longer the almonds soak, the creamier the finished milk will be
- note: soak nuts before eating them ;soak nuts in salt water for 12 hours, rinse them, and dry in oven on lowest heat.
- rinse and drain the soaking water
- don’t keep this water to re-use as it contains phytic acid
- add vanilla, sweeteners or any other optional ingredients
- blend and mix almonds with pure water in blender
- note: the mixture will expand so make sure your blender is not full
- strain the mixture into a large bowl through a sprout bag, cheese cloth or thin kitchen towel
- store in a glass jar and in fridge for up to four days.
Reuse the Pulp:
- Save the pulp of the almonds,
- dehydrate in oven on lowest heat until completely dry
- blend to make almond flour
- Add 1/2 cup strawberries for strawberry almond milk,
- 1-2 Tablespoons cocoa powder for chocolate almond milk
Imitation Store Bought Almond Milk:
You will get creamy almond milk that is much better than the one in the store but if you prefer this type of almond milk reduce the amount of almonds to 1/4 or 1/2 cup and use the recipe above.
How to Store Homemade Almond Milk
It can be stored for 4 days in the fridge.
If its too much for you simply reduce the recipe and make less .
Don,t use it more then 4 days .
Also read why you should : Eat Almonds It The Morning…
Thanks for reading ..