Hummus is extremely beneficial food which is easy to prepare. It is present in chickpeas and it is a great source of B-vitamins and protein. Furthermore, it is loaded with fiber that makes it quite satiating food. Moreover, it enhances the immunity and as well as cleanses the gut.
This Egyptian delicious dip provides many health benefits, and people all around the world quite frequently use it, even celebrities are a fan of this food. Namely, back in 2010, people in Beirut made the biggest plate of hummus, weighing 23,520 pounds.
Health Benefits of Hummus
1. Remarkable source of protein – thus lowering hunger cravings, it offers the feeling of satiety so you have no need for any excessive snacking, and as well as balances blood sugar levels.
2. Great iron content – elevates energy levels thus making you more eager to exercise, therefore this food becomes a solid weight-loss agent.
3. Hummus reduces cholesterol levels
4. Hummus comes in many different flavors and a wide range of varieties
5. Many celebrities are fans of this superfood
6. Fights cancer – as per many conducted studies on this issue, chickpeas substantially lower the risk of cancer. In fact, it is believed that it can lower it by 50%.
7. Healthy food – Humus is a great healthy alternative for the unhealthy dips and bread spreads. It comes in different flavors and many varieties, and it takes a great part in the Mediterranean diet, thus making it extremely beneficial.
8. Eating hummus is part of the Mediterranean diet, which is extremely beneficial
9. It is extremely easy to make at home
10. In 2010 people in Beirut made the biggest plate of hummus, weighing 23,520 pounds. Interesting fact, isn’t it?
Main Ingredient Of Hummus Is A Superfood
Chickpeas taste great, with a slightly sweet, nutty flavor, and are superb when added to salads. You can also put them into soups, make hummus, and you can even bake them in your oven until they’re crispy, to make a sin-free snack when you’re peckish.
Although chickpeas are a member of the bean family, they have less starch compared to most other beans—an excellent quality for those watching their weights. You can buy them in cans or jars, and if you do, make you sure there is no added salt, and that they’re not soaked in oil. For the ultimate chickpeas, buy the dried variety and boil them at home.
Hummus, when done correctly, has amazing cancer-fighting properties and is said to possibly cut cancer risk by 50%! Chickpeas (and other legumes) contain unique compounds recently discovered to drastically slow the growth of both breast and prostate cancer cells in vitro, and also eradicate 64% of precancerous colon growths in mice. And yes, these health benefits carry over to people. Large population studies confirm that people eating the most legumes have 32% less risk of cancer in general, including 57% less colon and 45% less prostate cancer.
Make Your Own Hummus
Preparing hummus is simple and easy. Check out the graphic below for some excellent hummus recipes. You should always use organic ingredients.
Regardless of the way you are flavoring your dip, the preparation method is actually the same. Simply rinse and drain canned beans, mix everything in a food processor and blend it until you get a smooth mixture. In case you like a thinner consistency, you should add 1 tbsp. of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
Remember that the recipes below include canned chickpeas. But, you may want to replace canned chickpeas with fresh ones since fresh is always best.
Thanks for reading!