Gout is a certain form of arthritis which can lead to inflammation of the joints. Swelling, stiffness and severe pain are all symptoms of gout which can develop in just a few hours.
The main cause of gout is due to having a very high amount of uric acid, which can cause hard crystals to be formed in your joints. Uric acid comes from decomposing purines, which are chemicals that occur naturally within the body and are found in many foods. If someone’s diet is very rich in purines it can raise uric acid levels in the body and possibly lead to them having gout.
But, there are things you can do to remove uric acid yourself and improve your health condition. Change your lifestyle and diet- that’s the first thing to do. Next, you need to have proper healthy diet, rich in fresh colorful fruits and vegetables; lean meat and seafood, and whole unprocessed unenriched grains. You should reduce processed sugars such as high- fructose corn syrup, foods high in saturated fats, and alcohol.
Water keeps the body hydrated and assists in the elimination of uric acid. Keep your body hydrated with a combination of water, natural juices without any added sugar, fruit infused water, and herbal teas.
Natural Remedies that Prevent Gout:
– Baking soda seems to be an effective prophylaxis candidate for reducing uric acid in the body. Add half a teaspoon to one glass of water and drink it every day. Use whole teaspoon in case of a current gout attack.
– Apple cider vinegar also increases body alkalinity. It contains malic acid which is effective in the disintegration of uric acid. Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of water. Drink this mixture every day, before your lunch and dinner.
– We all know that there are many benefits that come from drinking lemon water. One of these benefits include reducing your chances of suffering from gout. When the body is more alkaline than acidic it is able to prevent numerous health conditions, including gout. Adding lemon juice to your water increases the alkalinity of the body, and prevents uric acid crystal formation. All you need to do is to squeeze half of a lemon into 8 ounces of warm water and consume the drink every morning on an empty stomach.
These are the best foods to eat in order to prevent or treat gout:
– Curcumin-found in turmeric, has a role in renal protection and is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent.
– Bromelain, derived from pineapples, displayed both anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects in clinical trials.
– Properties in flaxseed reduced serum uric acid of subjects during a laboratory test at the Federal Fluminense University.