Have you ever taken a pillowcase off a pillow and discovered lovely yellow drool spots?
As much as we would all love to believe that we sleep as pretty as princesses… mouth gaping open and drool flowing out is probably a more accurate description.
Next time you come face to face with an icky pillow, use this method to bring it back to a fresh and happy life!
WHY Clean Your Pillows?
It’s best to give your pillows a thorough wash every 3 months, because skin cells, dust mites, oils and moisture can get stuck in and on your pillow (even with pillow cases and protectors!).
How To Clean Your Pillows
What You Need:
– Washing machine
– Natural laundry detergent
– 5 drops lavender essential oil
– ½ cup washing soda
– First, turn the washing machine on the hottest setting
– Then pour natural detergent in the running water in the machine
– Add the washing soda to whiten the pillow and the lavender essential oil for fresh scent
– Let the machine cycle to complete
– Dry the pillows in the dryer on low heat
Is It Time To Buy A New Pillow?
Here is a quick way to check if it’s time to purchase a new pillow:
Fold the pillow in half:
If it unfolds and goes back to its normal shape – KEEP IT.
If it stays in place folded – TOSS IT.