Tonsillitis is the inflammation of the tonsils which are a pair of lymph nodes located at the back of one’s throat. The tonsils are there to make certain microbes do not get into the body. Thus, they can get infected from time to time.
The most common form of tonsillitis comes from streptococcus bacteria, and this is where the term strep throat comes from. Medical options for tonsillitis include antibiotics, and if tonsillitis returns frequently or persists, they require surgical removal. However, without the tonsils, it is possible for more microbes to enter the body.
Signs and Symptoms of Tonsillitis or Strep Throat
– Sore Throat
– Red Tonsils with White or Yellow Spots
– Difficult or Painful Swallowing
– Raspy Voice
– Bad Breath
– Neck and Jaw Tenderness
Experiencing one or more of the symptoms above could mean one’s tonsils are infected. It is important to take action quick as tonsillitis is very painful.
Home Remedy for Tonsillitis
– 80 grams of ground cumin seeds
– 200 ml of water
– 1 tablespoon of cognac
1. Take a boiling pot and put in it the cumin seeds and pour them with 200 ml of water.
2. Then, place the pot on the fire and as soon as the water begins boiling cook for another 15 minutes.
3. You must get thick extensible mixture that looks like coffee sludge.
4. Than strain the mixture, add 50 ml of water and cook it once again for another 2-3 minutes.
5. At the end, remove the pot away from the fire and include a tablespoon of cognac.
Ways to Use:
Take one tablespoon of this solution on every half hour. The pain will begin gradually to reduce after 2 hours, and after 4 hours you will feel actually excellent.
In serious cases of colds you can drink this solution for longer time period. It is advised for all those who are vulnerable to throat pain.