In order to keep everything running properly, we must cleanse our body every now and then. There are many different detox methods that work through the skin or some of our organs. Fruit juices cleanses and skin detox methods are effective, but a soup cleanse might be the best.
Just like the name suggests, soup cleanses clean your body with soups. Soups are a powerful detoxifier – they can provide the body with nutrients which are required for proper function of the organs, and will improve the function of different organs such as the gut, liver and skin. The soup cleanse will also improve the body’s absorption of nutrients and strengthen your immune system, effectively improving your overall health.
A good soup cleanse lasts for 3 days. The treatment starts with 1 phase per day in the beginning, and ends with 3 phases per day after a month. The average amount of soups you should consume in a day is 5-6. The soups should be strictly vegetable or bone broths which will provide your body with enough fiber and other essential nutrients. You also need to stay hydrated during the process – drinking plenty of water will make sure there aren’t toxins in your body, which will help you stay energetic and flexible. The amount of water you need to drink every day stands at ½ of your weight in ounces. You can prepare the soups in advance in order to stay more organized during the treatment.
Here are the 3 best detox soups:
Broccoli detox soup
2 ½ cups of broccoli florets
3 celery stalks
1 cup of kale
2 cups of bone or vegetable broth
Lemon juice (from ½ a lemon)
A pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons of collagen
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Warm up the coconut oil first, then add the celery, onion and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the broth and simmer the soup on low heat for 5 minutes, then blend it until it gets thick.
Carrot and ginger detox soup
3 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger
3 garlic cloves
A cup of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of plant protein
- Place carrots, broth, ginger and garlic in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft when pierced.
- Saute onions in a separate pan with ghee over medium-high heat until caramelized.
- Add both the broth mixture and the onions to a blender and blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Transfer smooth mixture back into a large pot and add coconut milk and seasonings.
- Mix until well incorporated.
Red Lentil Soup
Coconut cream (optional)
Black pepper and sea salt to taste
4 ½ cup vegetable or bone broth
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp chili powder
1 chopped apple
2 chopped carrots
2 chopped sweet potatoes
¼ c olive oil, coconut oil or ghee
1 chopped onion
1 inch minced ginger root
½ c rinsed red lentils
- Warm up the olive oil in a pot then add the onion, apple, potatoes and carrots.
- Let it cook for 10 min and afterwards add the paprika, ginger, chili powder, cumin, lentils and broth.
- Let it simmer for 30 min and finally season it with coconut cream.