Honey and cinnamon have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. Their mixture is great and healthy combination that can cure many diseases.
These two ingredients are widely available and also cheap. Here are some of the amazing benefits of consuming cinnamon and honey.
Lower Blood Sugar Levels
– Honey has the ability reduce blood glucose levels and it’s a great substitute for sugar
– Cinnamon helps in reduce blood sugar levels and it’s an effective food supplement
The toxins in your body destroy the body cells. This can lead to many diseases and premature aging. These ingredients contain antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals and slow down the aging process.
– Honey contains powerful antioxidants such as phenols, enzymes, flavonoids, and organic acids
– Cinnamon contains polyphenols which is a strong antioxidant
Improved Heart Function
Honey and cinnamon help in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, which is the leading cause of death worldwide.
– Honey increases blood flow to the heart. Honey contains antioxidants which helps prevent blood clots that often lead to heart attacks and strokes.
– Cinnamon was found to reduce “bad” cholesterol (it forms atherosclerotic plaques on arterial walls) and increase the level of ”good” cholesterol in our bodies.
Fight Bacterial Infections
Both cinnamon and honey have antibacterial properties and can help in preventing colds, flus and also bladder and kidney infections.
– Honey is nature’s most powerful antibiotic due to its very healthy enzymes
– Cinnamon contains cinnamic aldehyde which provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties
Aid In Weight Loss
What’s more, they will help you to lose weight.
– Honey can help you replace the artificial sugars and sweets and directly reduce the number of consumed calories
– Cinnamon is great for boosting the metabolism and helping turning fat into energy
It is important to mention that you must buy organic and not processed ingredients.