The problem with many hair care items is that they strip the natural oils from the hair so go natural.
Herbal Hair Rinse: The Herbs
Horsetail – high amounts of silica , rich in calcium, magnesium, bioflavonoids, chromium, potassium, copper, and iron .He is slightly astringent, which is helpful for oily hair.
Lavender and Rosemary
Lavender calms inflammation on the scalp and rosemary herb also affects circulation and stimulates growth.
Nettle – full of vitamins and minerals, carotenoids, vitamins B, C, D, and K, calcium, magnesium, boron, chromium, silica, it will make your hair naturally stronger .
Basil – feeds the scalp, helps the body to remove toxins and heavy metals,promotes hair growth and is rich with vitamins A and C, flavonoids, and polyphenolic acids.
Herbal Hair Rinse Recipe
- 1/4 cup nettle
- 1/4 cup horsetail
- 3 TBSP dried basil
- 4 TBSP dried lavender
- 3 TBSP dried rosemary
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- filtered water
Herbal Hair Rinse Instructions
- take a quart-size glass jar
- add all of the dried herbs
- cap the jar and shake to mix
- stir with a spoon
- fill the jar to 1 inch from the top with apple cider vinegar
- cap it tightly, and shake
- keep the jar in a cool, dark location for 2-4 weeks
- shake it every day
- top your jar off with some more vinegar so that it stays about 1 inch from the top
- after the herbs have infused into the vinegar for 2-4 weeks, strain them out with a cheesecloth or a very clean old t-shirt fabric
- strain it with a fine mesh sieve,
- line your sieve with a coffee filter and run it through again
- store your herbal hair rinse in a clean glass jar
- dilute it with 1 part of filtered water
- don’t store the rinse pre-diluted with water.
How to Use Your Herbal Hair Rinse
- clean the hair as usual,
- mix equal parts of the prepared herbal hair rinse and water together in an empty mason jar
- dip your head back
- slowly pour the herbal rinse through your hair
- tilt your head from side to side and work your fingers through
- leave the herb rinse in, or wash it out briefly with water
- use the herbal rinse once a week .
For short hair: ¼ cup infused vinegar to ¼ cup water
Shoulder-length hair: ½ cup infused vinegar to ½ cup water
Long hair: 2/3 cup infused vinegar to 2/3 cup water
Thanks for reading ..