This delicious stew is perfect for vegetarians or meat eaters. And it’s full of healthy fats! Comforting and warm, it’s one the whole family can enjoy for dinner. Add in some chicken or tofu for extra protein. If you’re enjoying a bit of grains, this pairs nicely with wild rice.
Check out the recipe:
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 medium onion, finely chopped
– 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
– 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
– 1 cup chopped kale
– 2 teaspoons ginger paste
– 1 tablespoon cumin powder
– 1 tablespoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 can full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Nutritional analysis per serving:
– 204 calories
– 24 g fat
– 20 g saturated fat
– 0 mg cholesterol
– 6 g fiber
– 6 g protein
– 18 g carbohydrate
– 588 mg sodium
Warm the coconut oil for half a minute on medium warmth, in a medium stock pot,.
Include the cumin seeds and mix until the point when they begin to sputter. At that point, include the onions and cook for additional 60 seconds and after that, include the tomatoes, blend and cook for a couple of more minutes until the point that the tomatoes become soft.
Include whatever remains of the fixings and mix together. Cover the dish and stew for around 15 minutes, blending like clockwork to keep from burning.
Scoop the soup into 4 serving bowls and appreciate! Extra stew can be put away in water/air proof holder and put something aside for lunch the following day.