The numerous health benefits of castor oil have been known for centuries. Castor oil is so potent that it can treat a long list of health problems, as you will see below. The first recorded use of castor oil dates back to ancient Egypt. It’s known to improve the blood flow and cleanse the body.
Furthermore, castor oil compresses are known to be very helpful in the treatment of joint pain. So, if you experience joint ache, you should try out this compress. Here’s how to prepare it:
You will need:
– Castor oil
– Baking soda
– A bottle with hot water
– Aluminum foil
– Gauze or a cotton cloth
- You should clean the area with some water and baking soda.
- Then, soak the cloth in castor oil and set it onto the area and cover with kitchen foil.
- Place the hot water bottle to the compress and wrap the towel over the area. Let it stay for one hour.
- In the end, rinse with a lot of water.
- Repeat this method on a daily basis but don’t exceed it for more than forty days.
The compresses can improve the discomfort from varicose veins, relieve premenstrual pain, improve digestion, relieve inflammation and pain and improve liver function.
Here are the best uses of castor oil:
– Lightens dark skin patches when mixed with baking soda
– Removes stretch marks when massaged onto the problematic areas
– Heals bruises, small cuts, and minor wounds
– Aids the removal of pilonidal cysts
– Alleviates pain caused by a sprained ankle
– Cures tinnitus; drink 3 drops mixed with water for a period of 4 months
– Drink 5 drops every day to alleviate allergy symptoms
– Treats throat nodules; rub it onto the neck
– Rub it daily onto the lids prior to bed to treat conjunctivitis
– It breaks down excessive ear wax; just drop one drop into the affected ear
– Take 2 drops per day to remove nicotine from your system
– Massage castor oil onto the soles to remove calluses
– Cure diarrhea by applying castor oil onto the belly
– When mixed with lavender oil, it reduces hyperactivity and muscle problems
– When applied onto the back, it can treat lumbar and cervical pain
– If you want to treat athlete’s foot or fungi, apply castor oil onto the affected area
– In order to remove warts, rub castor oil onto them daily until they fall of
– Rub it onto the chest to stop snoring
– When mixed with baking soda it makes the body more alkaline
– Apply one drop of castor oil onto bug bites to stop inflammation and itching.