People have a sedentary lifestyle, which leads to tight hips, which can cause many problems, including impeded balance, bad posture, muscle imbalance, and back pain.
Therefore, it is crucial to keep the hip flexibility and that can be achieved by performing the following 8 yoga poses that will enhance the mobility and flexibility of the hips:
1. Crescent Lunge
-place your right foot forward and your hands on the floor next to your feet and keep your knees lifted. Then, bring your hands slowly in front of the thigh. Lower your hips and raise your arms and place them overhead. Next, lengthen your back leg. Lower your hips deeper and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
2. Low Lunge
- start in a runner’s lunge again, knee placed on the floor
- raise your arms and chest – engage your stomach muscles
- lean a little bit forward.
- Hold for 45 seconds and repeat the same on the other side.
3. Frog Pose
- place your knees and hands on the floor with your hands right under the shoulders
- slowly expand your knees
- do the same with your ankles so that they are in line with the knees
- keep your calves and feet on the floor and hold for 30 seconds.
4. Butterfly Pose
Just stand with your knees slightly bet and place your hands on the sides. Next, place your feet together and widen your knees. For better results, put your feet as close as you can or fold them forwards. Place your hands in front of you and hold for 30 seconds.
5. Half Pigeon Pose
- start in a runner’s lunge and move your front foot slowly towards the left hand
- lower the knee towards the right hand
- place your right calf on the ground
- slowly lower the back, shin, and knee to the floor.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
6. Double Pigeon Pose
- sit on the floor with your legs crossed
- take the left ankle with both of your hands
- place it over your right knee
- place your hands a little bit forward
- hold for half a minute.
- Repeat the procedure on the other side.
7. Thread and Needle Pose
- lie on your back
- bend your knees while you keep your feet on the floor
- place your right ankle over the other one ,your hips needs to stay on the floor, and your lower back pressed to the floor
- place your right hand between your legs and under your left knee
- stretch the left knee towards your chest.
- Take deep breaths and hold for half a minute.
8. Happy Baby Pose
- lie down on the floor
- bend your knees
- pull them towards your chest
- place your hands on the foot arches
- expand the knees wider than the shoulders
- press your back on the floor
- pull down your feet and breathe deeply.
- Again, hold for half a minute.
For extra tips watch the video:
Thanks for reading …